The competencies below are from three different library organizations and measure my knowledge, skills, and abilities in the field of information science. I chose these organizations because I wanted to include different aspects of the field that relate to my career interests. I also feel it is necessary to have a strong understanding of concepts that are founded through different studies and resources within the field of information science.
- Resource Management by Map, GIS and Cataloging/Metadata Librarian Core Competencies
- Information Technology by ASIST | Association for Information Science & Technology
- Information Resources by ALA | American Library Association
- Reference and User Services by ALA | American Library Association
- Administration and Management by ALA | American Library Association